- Decrease font
- Increase font
- Send to a friend
Click here to bookmark this page
Customize your Bookmarks:
- Type the name of the page the way you would like it to appear in "My Bookmarks";
- Click in the "Add as My Bookmarks" button.
To choose your favorite sessions, please click here.
Azul Reports Record Second Quarter Results
Revenue increased 19.3% to R$1.7 billion year over year
Operating income was R$105 million, representing a margin of 6.1%
São Paulo, August 14th, 2017 - Azul S.A., "Azul" (B3: AZUL4, NYSE: AZUL) the largest airline in Brazil by number of cities and departures, announces today its results for the second quarter of 2017 ("2Q17").
Financial and Operating Highlights for 2Q17
- Operating income was R$104.9 million, representing a margin of 6.1% compared with R$1.3 million and a margin of 0.1% in 2Q16. This is a record second quarter operating result for Azul.
- EBITDAR increased 41% to R$476.1 million, representing a margin of 27.6%.
- Net loss totaled R$33.9 million, representing an improvement of R$86.2 million over 2Q16
- Passenger traffic (RPKs) increased 21% over a capacity increase of 18% resulting in a higher load factor of 80.9%, 1.9 percentage points higher than in 2Q16.
- In addition to the double-digit growth in capacity, total revenue per ASK (RASK) and passenger revenue per ASK (PRASK) increased 1.2% and 1.7% year over year totaling 28.93 cents and 24.92 cents, respectively.
- Operating cost per ASK excluding fuel (CASK ex-fuel) decreased 8.1% while CASK decreased 4.9%, despite the 11.2% increase in fuel cost per liter.
Click here to access the document.
Conference call and webcast
Monday, August 14th, 2017
11h00 (Brasília time)
USA: +1 786 924-6977 | +1 888 700-0802 | +1 800 492-3904
Brazil: +55 11 3193-1001 | +55 11 2820-4001
Webcast: click here
+55 (11) 3193-1012 | +55 (11) 2820-4012
Code for English: 2358524#
Code for Portuguese: 6221763#