- Decrease font
- Increase font
- Send to a friend
Click here to bookmark this page
Customize your Bookmarks:
- Type the name of the page the way you would like it to appear in "My Bookmarks";
- Click in the "Add as My Bookmarks" button.
To choose your favorite sessions, please click here.
Azul Reports Third Quarter Net Income of R$204 million
São Paulo, November 9th, 2017 - Azul S.A., "Azul" (B3: AZUL4, NYSE: AZUL) the largest airline in Brazil by number of cities and departures, announces today its results for the third quarter of 2017 ("3Q17").
Financial and Operating Highlights for 3Q17
- Operating income was R$249.3 million, representing a margin of 12.5% compared to R$166.0 million and a margin of 9.6% in 3Q16. This is a record third quarter operating result for Azul.
- EBITDAR increased 20% to R$634.0 million, representing a margin of 31.7%, making us the most profitable carrier in South America.
- Net income totaled R$204.0 million, representing an improvement of R$194.6 million over 3Q16.
- Passenger traffic (RPKs) increased 16% over a capacity increase of 13% resulting in a higher load factor of 83.1%, 2.1 percentage points higher than in 3Q16.
- In addition to the double-digit growth in capacity, total revenue per ASK (RASK) increased 1.5% to 30.96 cents year over year.
- Total CASK decreased 1.7%.
- Financial expenses decreased 29.6% from R$200.5 million to R$141.2 million due to lower average cost of debt and repayment of more expensive loans.
Click here to access the document.
Conference call and webcast
Thursday, November 9th, 2017
12h00 (Brasília time)
USA: +1 786 924-6977 | +1 646 828-8246 | +1 888 700-0802 | +1 800 492-3904
Brazil: +55 11 3193-1001 | +55 11 2820-4001
Webcast: click here
+55 (11) 3193-1012 | +55 (11) 2820-4012
Code for English: 4058980#
Code for Portuguese: 0487927#