- Decrease font
- Increase font
- Send to a friend
Click here to bookmark this page
Customize your Bookmarks:
- Type the name of the page the way you would like it to appear in "My Bookmarks";
- Click in the "Add as My Bookmarks" button.
To choose your favorite sessions, please click here.
Azul Increases Net Income by R$152 Million in 1Q18
Operating margin was a record 12.5% despite the 21% increase in oil YoY
São Paulo, May 10th, 2018 - Azul S.A., "Azul", (B3:AZUL4, NYSE:AZUL) the largest airline in Brazil by number of cities served, announces today its results for the first quarter of 2018 ("1Q18"). The following financial information, unless stated otherwise, is presented in Brazilian reais and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Prior periods presented have been adjusted to reflect adoption of new IFRS accounting standards.
Financial and Operating Highlights for 1Q18
- Operating income was R$275.9 million, representing a margin of 12.5% compared with R$209.2 million and a margin of 11.1% in 1Q17. This is a record first quarter operating result for Azul.
- EBITDAR increased 20.8% to R$684.2 million, representing a margin of 30.9%.
- Net income totaled R$210.5 million compared to R$58.4 million in 1Q17 representing an increase of R$152.2 million.
- Passenger revenue per ASK (PRASK) increased 5.1% year over year or 12.5% stage-length adjusted.
- Passenger traffic (RPKs) increased 13.4% over a capacity increase of 12.2% resulting in a higher load factor of 82.2% compared to a load factor of 81.4% in 1Q17.
- Operating cost per ASK excluding fuel (CASK ex-fuel) increased 0.7% while total CASK increased 3.4% despite the 21% increase in oil prices (WTI) and the 3.2% depreciation of the Brazilian real year over year.
- Financial expenses decreased 35.8% from R$139.3 million to R$89.4 million.
- At the end of 1Q18 our total liquidity1 position totaled R$3.4 billion, representing 42.4% of the last twelve months’ revenues.
Click here to access the document.
Conference call and webcast
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
11h00 a.m (EST)
12h00 p.m (Brasília time)
USA: +1 516 300 1066
Brazil: +55 11 3127 4971
Webcast: click here
+55 11 3127 4999
English Code: 24402009
Portuguese Code: 21738189