- Decrease font
- Increase font
- Send to a friend
Click here to bookmark this page
Customize your Bookmarks:
- Type the name of the page the way you would like it to appear in "My Bookmarks";
- Click in the "Add as My Bookmarks" button.
To choose your favorite sessions, please click here.
Azul Reports Second Quarter Results
Adjusted net income totaled R$238 million, up R$277 million year over year
São Paulo, August 9th, 2018 - Azul B3:AZUL4, NYSE:AZUL) the largest airline in Brazil by number of cities and departures, announces today its results for the second quarter of 2018 ("2Q18"). The following financial information, unless stated otherwise, is presented in Brazilian reais and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Prior periods presented have been adjusted to reflect adoption of new IFRS accounting standards.
Financial and Operating Highlights for 2Q18
- Net income adjusted for non-recurring items totaled R$238.3 million, compared to a net loss of R$38.6 million in 2Q17
- Adjusted operating income was R$75.8 million yielding a margin of 3.7% compared with R$98.8 million and a margin of 5.8% in 2Q17.
- Passenger traffic (RPKs) increased 17.4% over a capacity increase of 18.6% resulting in a load factor of 80.1%, 0.8 percentage points lower than in 2Q17
- In addition to the double-digit growth in capacity, RASK and PRASK adjusted for the loss in revenue from the truckers’ strike in Brazil increased 1.6% and 1.1% year over year. Assuming a flat stage-length, RASK rose 8.1% year over year.
- Adjusted CASK ex-fuel increased 0.3%, despite the 12.2% devaluation of the Brazilian real. On an exchange rate neutral basis, CASK ex-fuel would have been lower by 5.1%.
- Net financial expenses decreased 26.9% from R$111.8 million to R$81.8 million due to lower average cost of debt and lower leverage year over year.
- At the end of 2Q18, our total cash and receivables position totaled R$3.8 billion, representing 45% of the last twelve months’ revenues.
- Azul’s operating fleet totaled 121 aircraft at the end of the quarter, including 15 next-generation A320neo aircraft, representing 24% of total capacity.
- TudoAzul recorded a 38% year over year increase in gross billings ex-Azul.
- Azul cargo recorded a 64% year over year increase in revenue.
- For the eighth year in a row, Azul won the Skytrax award of Best Regional Airline in South America, and also Best Airline Staff.
- During the quarter, Azul maintained its leadership position on all customer satisfaction categories measured by ANAC’s customer platform, consumidor.gov.br
- Azul was the most on-time airline in Brazil in 1H18 with an on-time performance of 86.4% (FlightStats).
Click here to access the document.
Conference call and webcast
Thursday, August 9th, 2018
11h00 a.m (EST)
12h00 p.m (Brasília time)
USA: +1 412 317-6029
Brazil: +55 3193-1001 or +55 11 2820-4001
Webcast: click here
+55 11 3193-1012 or +55 11 2820-4012
Code for English: 6237454#
Code for Portuguese: 7183415#